- » Closed: No one is allowed to subscribe. The administrator has to add
users manually, either through email, or through the web interface.
- » Confirm: Anyone can subscribe, but they're first sent a confirmation
email that they must reply to. If they don't reply, they aren't subscribed.
This helps prevent getting subscribers that didn't want to be subscribed.
- » True: People who aren't subscribed can't post on the list (this is
probably a good idea).
- » False: Anyone can post. FreeLists doesn't allow this value of
- » True: All posts are sent to list moderators first for approval. This is
a good idea on high-volume lists, where keeping trash off the list is
- » False: All posts go directly to the list (unless it's a closed-post
list; see above).
This list type is not like the others, in that it is only an option
during list creation. Newsletter-style mailing lists are actually just a
per-subscriber restriction. The NOPOST flag is turned on for every
subscriber to prevent them from posting. If you decide to change your list
to or from an Announcement-only list after it's been created, each
subscriber on the list must be manually modified to add or remove the NOPOST
flag as appropriate.